serrate adj : notched like a saw with teeth pointing toward the apex [syn: serrated, saw-toothed, toothed, notched] v : make saw-toothed or jag the edge of; "serrate the edges of the teeth"
Usage notesSerrate is used in some scientific communities; for common usage, serrated is typically the more appropriate term.
- Plural of serrata
Serration may refer to:
- A notch on a serrated blade or tooth used as an aid in cutting
- The shape of certain leaf margins
- In vexillology, a flag pattern of two colors joined at a serrated edge
- In aeronautics, an airframe shape used in stealth aircraft
- In extrusion, the profile of a screw thread cross section
- The Serrate radar detector used in World War II by Lichtenstein to track German planes
V-shaped, Vandyke, Y-shaped, akimbo, angular, battlemented, bent, blaze, chop, chopped, cornered, corrugated, cragged, craggy, crenate, crenated, crenellate, crenellated, crenulate, crimp, crinkled, crooked, crotched, crumpled, cut, dentate, dentated, embrasured, erose, forked, furcal, furcate, gash, gashed, geniculate, geniculated, gravelly, harsh, hooked, incise, incised, indent, indented, ironbound, jag, jagged, jaggy, knee-shaped, knurl, lacerate, lacerated, machicolate, mill, nick, nicked, notch, notched, picot, pink, pointed, ragged, rockbound, rocky, rugged, rugose, rugous, saw-toothed, sawlike, sawtooth, scallop, scalloped, scarify, score, scored, scotch, scragged, scraggly, scraggy, serrated, serrulated, sharp, sharp-cornered, slash, snagged, snaggled, snaggy, stony, tooth, toothed, wrinkled, zigzag